RPGers for Christ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here..

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here.. Empty This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here..

Post  Chem6A Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 am

Chapter one

"You paying attention, Andre?" Careen banged his fist on the table.
"Yeah, yeah..." Keandre rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.
The hideout was dimly lit, and smelled like old rum. Keandre preferred being outside.
"You're gonna kidnap the princess, and shes gonna tell you where her daddy keeps all the money or else shes gonna die." Careen grinned his nearly toothless smile.
He was certainly not the most handsome person in the world. Keandre on the other hand, was quite nice looking. He had long brown hair that hid his right eye, but no one knew why he hid it. He had quite big brown eyes, and was not to tall and not to short. And rather well built.
The thing that made him most peculiar was the fact his right arm was missing. After he had lost it in a sword fight. He taught himself how to sword fight with his left hand.
"Easy enough." Keandre got up from his chair.
"And don't blow this, you got it?" Careen glared at him.
"Relax, old man. I'm a professional." he pulled his hood over his head, and walked out into the town of Lenlock.
He looked at the castle.
"This is going to be fun." he smiled to himself.
He glanced around the town. People were running all over the place, they didn't seem to care about each other at all.. It was just how Keandre remembered it always being when he was younger. Her parents worked to get money to get food. They never had time for him or his brother and sister.
He turned his attention back to the castle and walked towards to gate which was guarded well by two tall men.
"Good evening, gentle men!" He said with a false grin.
"Do yourself a favor and get lost, kid." the man on the right replied rudely.
Keandre flashed over to him, faster than humanly possible. Instantly his hand was around the man's neck.
"Do yourself a favor and let me in." Keandre lifted the large man off the ground easily, with one hand. "And I wont cause too much trouble for either of you." he dropped him, and he landed with a crash.
"HEY! GET OUT OF HERE!" The other guard ran towards him, and Keandre pulled out his sword and the man stopped.
"I recently promised myself I wouldn't kill as much. But then again..I'm not a very honest man." Keandre sneered.
Soon both men were pointing their swords at him.
Keandre jumped up high, over both of them, and landed behind them. Before they could turn around her knocked their heads together and they fell to the ground in a heap.
"Oops." Keandre smiled to himself and turned to the gate. The man on the other side was trembling.
"Aw.. Sorry you had to see that," Keandre said with a mocking sadness in his voice. "Let me in and it wont happen to you, eh?"
Shaking, the man opened the gate for him.
"Thanks," Keandre smiled at the man. "Now I just need to barrow your armor."
The man instantly took off his armor and gave it to Keandre, totally silent.
Keandre put it on and stuffed his cloak into his bag. Then walked up the steps into the castle. He nodded to the guards and they nodded back.
Idiots... Keandre smiled under his helmet. Now where is that princess's room? he wondered.
He decided to look upstairs, he figured it would be guarded well. At the top of the stairs was a narrow hallway. Only one of the doors was guarded.
"Hey! what are you doing up here?" one of the guards called.
"Uh.. I was told to..give you guys a break." he hoped they'd believe him.
"But we are always here.." The guard replied, confused.
"Boss's orders." Keandre shrugged.
The guards muttered to each other for a long time, then finally looked back at him.
"Have fun." one said, the they walked passed him.
When they were gone he laughed. "I love me." he shook his head and walked to the door.
He pressed his ear against it and held his breath so he could listen.
"She just gets in the way." a young man said.
Keandre peeked through the crack in the door to see that King Aram and his son, Zane were sitting at a table talking, goblets of wine in front of them.
"Indeed. We have to do something." Aram replied, taking a sip of his wine.
"Next she is going to tell the whole town about your plans." Zane shook his head in disgust.
"But what can we do?" Aram twiddled his thumbs.
An evil smile spread over Zane's face. "I could..get rid of her."
Aram gasped. "Kill your own sister?" he started laughing. "Shame on you, boy."
Zane nodded. "Its so simple. I'll make it look like an accident."
Keandre's eyebrows drew together. For some reason he felt a concern for the Princess. Her own brother, kill her? Killing some person wasn't that hard, but to kill a family member?
He started quietly walking down the hall. Peeking through every door. Finally, he saw a beautiful woman, not much younger than him, sitting on her bed, reading a book. Her long blond hair fell gracefully down her back and her blue eyes twinkled in the light. She was more beautiful than anyone had ever described her. For a few moments Keandre just stood there, looking at her. How could he threaten to kill her? What was he thinking? he wasn't supposed to be a nice person! He had a job to do, And he couldn't let Careen down...Or could he? A strange feeling crept trough his body. He didn't want to harm this woman. Not at all. He had to help her get away,or else Zane would do something terrible.
He turned the doorknob slowly, and pushed to door open.
"Excuse M-"
Keandre shook his head quickly and motioned for her to be quiet.
"What are you doing?" she whispered, sounded scared.
Keandre pulled off his helmet.
"Who are you?!" she demanded.
"I'm here to..help you." he closed the door behind him quietly.
"What on earth do you mean?" Zaira asked, angrily.
Keandre sighed. "Look.. you're brother is going to kill you if you don't get out of here." He knew that he probably sounded crazy.
Zaira stared at him for a long time before answering. "I don't doubt it.." she finally said.
Keandre cocked his head. "Seriously?"
Zaira rolled her eyes. "My father is terrible. His idiocy has rubbed off on Zane."
Keandre didn't know how to reply.
"Give me a moment and I will go with you." she jumped up.
"You're coming with me? just like that?" Keandre was surprised. Usually people wouldn't have anything to do with him.
"I just said so, didn't I?" Zaira snapped. She pulled her knee-high boots on. She wasn't wearing a fancy dress, to Keandre's surprise.
"How are we going to get out of here without being seen?" she asked.
Keandre pulled rope out of his bag.
"You come prepared, don't you now?" Zaira grabbed to rope and walked out to the balcony.
"I often have to escape out of windows, believe it or not." Keandre followed her.
Zaira began tying the rope to the rail.
"Do you save princesses often?" she asked, with a smirk.
"Ha, no." Keandre replied, grabbing the rope from her hands. "You are terrible at tying knots." he commented and tied it himself.
"Than why would you have to escape out windows often?" Zaira folded her arms.
Keandre looked up at her. "I kidnap people." he said casually.
Zaira raised her eyebrows. "How do I know you're not kidnapping me?" She asked.
"Cause if I was I wouldn't be as nice to you as I am." he replied.
"Have you ever been caught?" she asked.
"Nope. But I have been almost killed, many times." He cracked his knuckles.
"Ready?"
Zaira nodded and started climbing down. When she was at the ground she waited for him. She wondered how he did it so well with one arm.
When he was on the ground they heard someone shout "The princess is gone! The princes is gone!"
"What do we do now?" Zaira hissed.
The castle door opened and men started running out. Keandre grabbed Zaira's arm and pulled her along into the woods. Keandre looked behind them.
The men following them couldn't be far behind. He nodded towards a large boulder a bit off the main road. They quickly hid behind it.
"Don't you ever get tired of people trying to kill you?" Zaira asked, peeking out from behind the bolder she and Keandre were hiding behind.
Keandre quickly pulled her head back.
"You get used to it, believe it or not." he replied.
His eyes widened and he covered her mouth with his hand. They could hear footsteps close by. When they were gone he removed his hand from her face.
"Sir..Can I ask you a question?" Zaira asked.
"Yes," Keandre looked around. "But I can't promise I'll answer it." he looked at her, waiting for her question.
"What happened to your arm?" she looked at his armless shoulder.
"It got cut off while I was fighting a man." he replied like it was nothing.
"Is sword fighting with one hand hard?" she asked.
"Nope. Been doing it for a long time now." He fingered his sword's handle.
"Next question." Zaira turned to face him. "Why do you wear that mask?"
Keandre touched his masked face. "To hide my scars."
"Well, Sir. I think you ought to lose the mask and get a hair cut." Zaira said seriously.
Keandre frowned, she could tell by the way his eyes looked. He combed his fingers through his messy brown hair.
"You talk too much, Princess." he said and shook his head.
Chem6A
Chem6A

http://www.shoutlife.com/brokenglass

Back to top Go down

This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here.. Empty Re: This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here..

Post  Sarah <3 Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:00 am

I like it!!
More???
Sarah <3
Sarah <3

Back to top Go down

This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here.. Empty Re: This isn't and RPG but I figures since it is fantasy I should post it here..

Post  Chem6A Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am

((Sure! I'm glad you like it! ^.^))

Chapter two

It was nearly daylight when Keandre decided that they were safely away from the castle.
"My feet are killing me." Zaira complained.
Keandre heaved a sigh. "We can stop for a bit." he replied.
Zaira sat down under one of the large pine trees and took of her boots.
"We should get nearing a town called Pinefield soon." Keandre leaned against another tree and watched her rub her feet.
"What if someone recognizes me?" Zaira asked, looking up at him.
Keandre took of his long black cloak. "They wont if you wear this." he walked over and handed it to her. "And your hair.."
"What about my hair?" Zaira asked quickly.
"Stand up." Keandre ordered.
Zaira pulled on her boots and stood up.
Keandre pulled out his sword.
"W..what are you doing?" Zaira asked, eyes wide.
"Turn around." Keandre nodded.
She did as she was told.
Keandre grabbed her long hair, and slashed it with his sword.
"My hair!" Zaira gasped.
"Do you have something to tie it up with?" he asked.
Zaira nodded and showed him a ribbon which had been tied around her wrist. Keandre began combing her hair out carefully with his hand.
Zaira shivered, she felt her face turning red.
"Braid it." he told her and dropped his hand back to his side quickly.
Zaira pulled her now much shorter hair back into a braid and tied it with the ribbon. Then she pinned the large cloak around her neck and pulled the hood up over her head.
"What about you?" Zaira asked. "Now you don't have a cloak."
"State the obvious." Keandre sighed. "I'll get one in the next town."
"Well, lets go, than." Zaira said and started walking.
"I thought you wanted to rest." he mumbled and followed her.
In about an hour they arrived safely to Pinefield. The streets were busy with people buying and selling things at the many shops.
"Its so nice here!" Zaira said through the noise of people talking.
"Looks are often quite deceiving." Keandre replied flatly.
"Come on, I'm going to take you to some place safer." He motioned her to follow him.
Zaira admired all the nicely dressed people and the many fountains and flowers everywhere. She couldn't understand why Keandre seemed to think the town was dangerous.
After about five minutes they were away from the more crowded part of the town. Keandre stopped at a somewhat run down house. Thought it was old and falling apart in some places it was quite pretty.
"Whose house is this?" Zaira asked, admiring the place.
"Mine." Keandre replied and motioned her to follow him.
The inside of the house was in far worse shape than the outside. Chairs were turned over, spiderwebs practically covered the ceiling. There was a piano in the corner and half of the keys were missing. One wall had a hole that had been burned through it. Zaira wanted to ask what had happened to it but she decided not to.
Keandre looked around. "This house has seen better days." he said shaking his head. "Anyways, I'm going to go downtown and get some supper." he turned and looked at her. "Do not leave the house." he said seriously.
"Okay.." Zaira replied quietly.
Keandre handed her his sword. "Keep this with you at all times."
"What about you?" Zaira took the sword.
"I'll be fine." he replied. "Just let be have my cloak while I'm gone." he said.
Zaira took it off and gave it to him.
"Thank you." he put it on and left.
The soft grass felt nice on his worn feet. He couldn't help but feel like he had to hurry, or else something bad would happen to the Princess, so he picked up speed. Soon he was in the crowded town. He stopped at the food stand and picked out the best vegetables he could find. He planned on making a delicious soup and impressing Zaira. Thinking about her made him blush. Why did he care what the princess thought of his cooking?
"I'll take these." He told the merchant who nodded and put the vegetables he picked out into a basket.
He gave the man some money and headed back to his house. Not wanting to take too long he decided to take a shortcut he remembered from his childhood. He walked off the main rode into the woods. He pushed through the branches and he finally came to a thin path, not big enough for a wagon.
"Its still here." He mused. He remembered as a kid he and his older brother Izicarri had discovered the shortcut themselves a long time ago. He frowned at the thought of his family, surprised he could even remember back that far.
"Ge os fe den wais!" a woman shouted.
Keandre flashed his head in her direction.
"Ge os fe den wais!" she shouted again. She was running swiftly in his direction.
Keander could see two large men running after her.
"GET BACK HERE!" one shouted.
Keandre dropped his basket of food and grabbed the woman's arm, stopping her.
"Eno gos!" she yelped.
Keandre stared at her, what was she? Certainly not elven or human, for her skin was a light blue color and her hair was incredibly curly and dark green. She was medium height and unrealistically thin.
She began to slap him angrily, her red eyes flared.
The men who had been chasing her stopped in front of Keandre, both out of breath.
"Thank you, kind sir.." one gasped. "This lady is out property."
"Property?" Keandre asked.
"Yes, we bought her for our circus act." the other man explained. "She's a devil woman."
"Devil woman?" Keandre glanced at her. She was a little different looking, but a devil?
"Yes. Thats what the king himself said when we bought her from him." the same man replied. "My name is Mr. Loofay, and this is Benito." he motioned to the other man. "Anyways, thank you for catching her, we'll have her back now." Loofay reached for her arm.
Keandre pulled her behind him.
"I'm afraid your circus act is over.." he said, eying their swords. Why had he left his sword with Zaira?!
"Come now, we don't want no trouble.." Benito stepped forward.
"Than leave." Keandre snapped.
"I'm afraid we can't do that." he replied angrily whipping out his sword and pointing it at Keandre.
"AAAAH!" a young man came running from the trees he jumped high in the air and landed on Benito, whacking him with his wooden sword.
"A monkey boy?!" Keandre stared at the boy's tail.
The boy stopped hitting Benito and glared at him. "I'm a Renedont!" he said with a sigh.
"Get off! Get off!" Benito yelled.
The boy obeyed and ran behind Keandre. The so called 'Devil woman' put her hand on his shoulder.
"What if I were to buy them from you?" Keandre asked.
"Buy us?! We're not animals!" the boy screeched.
Keandre glanced at his tail and tried not to laugh. "Close enough.." he mumbled.
"How much are you offering?" Loofay asked.
Keandre handed the man his entire money pouch. "Seven hundred yengs." he replied.
Loofay shot him a toothy smile. "Come along, Benito! we have enough money to buy something even better than them for our act."
Benito nodded and they walked back down the path.
"Now, who are you two exactly?" Keandre turned to face the people he has just purchased.
"I'm Rat, and this is Zigana Amrit Asha Brynne Lenorday, but just call her Zigana." The boy replied.
"I'm Keandre, and I must be going." He picked up his basket and started walking.
"Hey! you can't just leave us here!" Rat yelled.
"Yio tustipo mun! do yio benheld oni dea wet yoi benheld yoisilf inte?" Zigana shook her head, obviously disappointed.
"What did she just say?"Keandre stopped.
"She said your stupid." Rat replied flatly. "But, you own us now! fair and rectangle!"
"You mean fair and square?" Keandre smiled.
"Whatever." Rat rolled his eyes.
"I don't know what I'm gonna tell Zaira.." Keandre sighed.
Rat and Zigana caught up with him.
"Just tell her not to insult me in..whatever language she's speaking." he nodded at Zigana.
"Decaz, and just so you know she does understand you." Rat brushed his messy black hair out of his eyes. "She speaks English."
"Then why has she been speaking De-whatever all this time?"Keandre asked.
"Because, she doesn't speak English to people she doesn't like." Rat replied.
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Wow, Keandre sounds amazing. he's just the kinda guy I want. thanks so much for writing this.

Write more!

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  helovesus Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:28 pm

dolphingirl13 wrote:Wow, Keandre sounds amazing. he's just the kinda guy I want. thanks so much for writing this.

Write more!
YES! please do!
helovesus
helovesus

http://disney.go.com/magicartist/coloring/heffalump/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie101 Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:06 pm

pweety please bekah!
Jamie101
Jamie101

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 am

dolphingirl13 wrote:Wow, Keandre sounds amazing. he's just the kinda guy I want. thanks so much for writing this.

Write more!
Heehee. I like him too. =]

Chapter three

Zaira had been sitting patiently in an old chair she had turned upright, but her curiosity got the better of her and she began exploring Keandre's house. The first floor was rather uninteresting, because there obviously had been a fire which burned a lot of the Keandre's belongings. So she walked up the creaking stairs. At the top was a hallway with five rooms. She carefully opened the first door. Inside was another piano, which was in excellent shape, besides the fact it has about two inches of dust which blanketed each key nicely. She brushed the dust off the keys and played a few notes. How awful it sounded! Incredibly out of tune it was. She brushed her hands on her skirt and looked around. There was a painting of two little boys standing next to each other. The taller one held a little baby, which looked like a girl.
"Izacarri, Keandre and new baby Sesandria." Zaira read the title which was in the bottom right corner of the painting aloud.
When she was done looking about the room she headed to the next. To her disappointment the door wouldn't budge. She pressed her weight against the door but it still was stiff. She banged the door with the side of her body as hard as she could. Finally the door gave in and opened a little. She pushed hard and it opened all the way. When she saw what was in the room she let out a gasp. It was a bedroom, a fine one. But the rug had a large red stain on it, and Zaira knew right away what it was. Blood. It was a bloodstain. She shivered, suddenly full of fear. Quickly she got out and pulled the door shut. Then she hurried back down the stairs. Not long after she calmed down a bit she peeked out the front window. She was relieved to see Keandre. Then the strange people behind him caught her eye. Where on earth has he found a Decaz and a Renedont? And why did the Decaz have a broken handcuff on her left wrist? She opened the door and walked out to meet them.
"Who are these friends of yours?" Zaira asked him.
"Zigana and Rat." He replied and forced the basket into her hands.
"He bought us." Rat smiled broadly.
"What?" Zaira asked, confused. She stared at Zigana for a long time.
"Wet aire yio strying et?" Zigana asked with a frown.
"Fergove gi." Zaira apologized in the Decaz language. As a young girl her mother had taught everything she knew about every race, And she happened to speak a few of the languages fluently. Zaira had caught on quickly.
"Hey.. you speak her language?" Keandre asked, interested.
Zaira nodded. "My mother taught me a long time ago."
Zigana's frown turned into a smile. "Your mother was a smart woman, I'm sorry about her death."
'How did you know about that?" Zaira gasped.
"You can know a lot about a person by the way they talk." Zigana replied.
"How come you never speak English to me?" Keandre asked her, sounding hurt.
"I make an effort not to talk to your kind. But when I have to I prefer you not hear my insults." Zigana replied bluntly.
"His kind?" Zaira raised her eyebrow.
Keandre swallowed hard. "Its just her circus act.." Keandre said. "Come on, lets go make dinner." Zigana could tell a person's future, but she could also tell a person's past. And Zaira did not need to know his, not now.
When they were all in the kitchen Keandre pulled out some pots and pans. Then he disappeared in the other room, and came back with ingredients to make broth for a nice soup, and some rolls and butter. Zigana, Rat and Zaira sat down at the table while he prepared supper. Zaira was surprised at all the things he could do with one arm. But she couldn't help but notice he struggled sometimes.
She turned her attention onto Rat. He was a cute little thing, had to be around the age of ten. He caught her glance and smiled.
"So..is your name really Rat?" she asked, to break the silence.
"Nah. It was the name I was given in Loofay's circus act." he explained.
"Circus act?" Zaira furrowed her brow.
"Yeah, me and Zigana were sold to the circus by some rich guy. Keandre bought us from them, today." He brushed his hair behind his ear and smiled.
Zaira noticed a shining gold ribbon tied around his wrist. She quickly looked at Zigana's. She had one too.
"Whats wrong?" She asked.
"Those ribbons.." Zaira pointed. "Why do you have them?"
"The king of Lenlock puts them on any slave or servent he decides to sell. A year ago he sold us to two circus men, Loofay and Benito." Zigana touched the ribbon. "They got tied so tight we haven't been able to be rid of them."
Zaira pulled a dagger from her belt. "Give me your hand." She told Zigana, who obeyed. Zaira carefully cut the ribbon off her wrist. Then she did the same for Rat.
"Thank you." Zigana rubbed her wrist, which had a brigh red mark around it. She looked into Zaira's eyes, and concern filled her own. "You poor girl.." she whispered. "The king is your-"
"Father." Zaira finished her sentence. "Something I've had ro live with for my whole life."
Keandre interrupted them by clanking bowls and spoons in front of them. "Dinner time." he said flatly.
They were about halfway done with supper when the front door flew open. Keandre jumped up instantly.
"Stay here." he whispered and drew he sword. He walked quietly out of the kitchen.
"Hey Andre!" a man yelled.
Careen.
"What do you want, old man?" Keandre asked.
"My money, which YOU should have!" the man ran forward, trying to plunge Keandre with his sword.
Keandre jumped swiftly out of the way. "You better start looking for someone else to do your dirty work." he said through gritted teeth.
"Why? did we decide to be a good boy?" Careen asked mockingly.
"Get lost." Keandre said angrily.
"Get me my money." Careen said, and ran towards him. Their swords met. The room was soon filled with the sound of clanking.
Careen forced Keandre against the wall, sword to his neck. "You can never be a good boy." Careen hissed. "You're a liar, and a murderer."
"Not anymore!" beads of sweat built up on Keandre's forehead, soaking his bandanna. He tried to get out of Careen's grip but it was too tight.
"You can't change just like that, you will always be hated...And you will always hate yourself." Careen was about to slit Keandre's throat but after a loud bang his sword went flying to the ground. He head flashed in the direction the bang had come from. There in the doorway, Zaira stood, holding a gun. She glared but Keandre could see her fear.
"Let him go, or you'll be next thing flying across the room." she said through gritted teeth.
A smirk spread over Careen's face. "So that's it, is it? The princess convinced you to be a good man?..Oh.. will her father hear about this." Careen picked up his sword.
"You better watch your back, Andre." he hissed and left.
When he was gone Zaira rushed to Keandre's side. "Are you okay?" she asked.
"Yeah.." Keandre said, his voice a near whisper.
Zaira wondered why Keandre had let him leave. She shook her head. "Thanks to him we're not gonna be safe here much longer." she frowned. "You wont have a chance fighting Bowen, or Zane, or any of my fathers men with one arm.."
Keandre let our a sigh. "You're no longer safe with me, then." he told her.
"I have an idea.." Zaira lit up. "I have a friend who is a complete genius,"
"What does that have to do with anything?" Keandre was almost sulking.
"Let me finish." Zaira snapped. "She could probably figure out something to help you fight better."
"A magical potion?" he asked, rolling his eyes.
"No. She recently was taking care of some wounded soldiers when she saw one who has lost his leg. Then she started working on her latest inventions.." She grinned.
Keandre rolled his eyes.
"Limb replacements." she said finally.
Keandre perked up ever so slightly. "You mean like.. a fake arm?"
"Yes, but it would move and work just like a real one. I can't believe I didn't think of this before!" Zaira shook her head.
Zigana and Rat came in. "What happened?" Rat asked.
"Zaira just got smart.." Keandre replied.
"We'll go tomorrow, then." Zaira smiled.
Later that night Zaira lay sleepless on the hard floor. The blanket she had been given barely kept her warm at all. She glanced over at Zigana, who was laying on the floor a few feet away, snoring loudly. She sat up and looked through the doorway to the next room. Rat was curled up in a ball, also snoring, but Keandre was sitting with his knees against his chest, slowly rocking back in forth mumbling the same things over and over.
"Forgive me. I didn't mean it. Why'd you leave?"
Zaira wondered what he was talking about. She decided not to bother him and laid back down. Soon she fell asleep.
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie101 Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:56 am

^_^ love it
Jamie101
Jamie101

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Chapter four

Keandre waited impatiently for the others to wake up. He glanced at the window. It was pretty early.
"I should probably be asleep too.." he mumbled.
After a few minutes he decided to get some things from upstairs before they left. He slowly walked up the stairs trying his best to make sure they didn't creak. He got in the hallway and noticed something different.. His parents room! the door was open a crack. He pushed it open. He saw the bloodstained rug and the memory of that day flashed in his mind. He walked over to it and stared at it for a long time.
"I could have stopped this.." he muttered. "I could have prevented it." He sat down on the old bed. "Stupid Keandre!" he shouted. He heard footsteps coming up the stairs and he quickly shoved the small rug under the bed with his foot.
Zigana peeked her head through the door, then slipped her thin body inside the room and wrung her hands. "Why do you hide it?" she asked quietly.
"Hide what?" Keandre snapped.
"You are only lying to yourself." Zigana headed for the door but stopped before she left the room. "Get ready to leave. Rat went into town to get horses." then she disappeared into the hall.
Keandre got up and opened his parent's old closet. He grabbed an old hooded cloak and put it on , then hurried downstairs. Zaira stood outside with Zigana, she was wearing the thick cloak he had given her. Rat came up the path leading four horses, with two lead ropes in each hand.
"Well, Princess, you know how to get to your friend's house.. Lead the way." Keandre said.
Zaira climbed onto one of the horses and waited for everyone else to mount.
"Where'd you get the money to pay for these guys?" Keandre asked Rat as he climbed onto a large black mare.
"We have a princess with us, duh." Rat rolled his eyes.
They started riding for what seemed like hours. Finally they came to a town twice the size as Pinefield. Zaira lead them to a perfectly normal looking house.
"Here it is." Zaira said with a smile. She climbed off her horse and turned to Zigana. "Why don't you and Rat look around town for a bit? This wont take long, trust me."
"Okay." Zigana smiled. "Come on Theodore." she said to Rat.
"Theodore?" Keandre snorted.
"Shut up." Rat replied flatly and left with Zigana.
Keandre got off his horse and looked around.
"Are you sure we're safe here?" he asked Zaira.
"Positive. Just keep your cloak on while we're outside." she replied.
She knocked on the door of the rather rundown house and a tall woman with dark hair opened it. Keandre was shocked when he saw the inside. There was a shelf covered in bottles of all different colored liquids, and in the corner stood a large robot. On the wall hung different sizes of robotic guns.
"You must be Keandre. Zaira told me all about you." the woman smiled, adjusting her strange blue glasses. "I'm Adriel Viradin."
Keandre opened his mouth to say something but she continued talking.
"I need a sample of your blood." She pressed a few buttons on a computer and the wall opened.
"Sit here, please." She pointed to a bed-like thing.
"I'll wait out here." Zaira smiled at Keandre and walked out of the strange room.
Adriel pulled on some gloves and took a large needle off of her desk.
"This wont hurt a bit." She told him, and stuck the needle in his left shoulder.
"OW!" Keandre shouted. "You said it wouldn't hurt!" he complained.
"Ehm. Sorry. I always say that..Its a habit.." Adriel laughed nervously and adjusted her blue glasses again. "
She put a bandage on his shoulder and put the blood into a machine.
"..Heavens! you're a dragon!" She said, astonished. and pushed a few keys on the keyboard.
Keandre nodded his head. "Yup.." he sighed.
"Please lay down, Keandre." She took off her gloves, threw them away, and put on a fresh pair. "And take off your bandanna."
Keandre did as he was told. Adriel grabbed a strange contraption off a shelf and stuck it on the diamond shaped scar on his forehead. After a few moments it beeped.
"Alright. I'll have your arm replacement done in about a week." she grinned.
"A week?" Keandre asked with a frown.
Before Adriel could reply, Zigana and Rat came in the room, out of breath. Zaira came in with them.
"Whats the matter?" Keandre asked quickly.
"Z..Zane is here." she replied breathlessly. "Along with a Slirene..."
"They're looking for you, Keandre! they're gonna hang you!" Rat yelped.
"Hang you?" Adriel gasped. "Under what charges?"
Keandre looked at Zaira for help.
"Its a long story Adri, right now we need to get him somewhere safer." she said.
Adriel punched in a few buttons on one of her many computers and a huge armored door opened. "Go in, quickly!"
They heard the front door bang open.
"You have to come too!" Zaira hissed.
Adriel grabbed one of her computers and hurried in and the door banged shut.
"Well Mr. Dragon, your going to have to start being a lot sneakier now." Adriel whispered.
"Dragon?" Zaira asked, confused.
Adriel glanced at Keandre.
"I'll tell you later, Princess." he sighed.
"I cant figure out this door." a muffled voice from the other room said.
"Lets go.." another replied.
Zaira was about to get up an look throught the crack in the door but Keandre grabbed her arm and pulled her back down.
"They're trying to trick us, princess." he said in her ear.
"Wait a second, I think I can get it opened." the first voice said. "This will only take a moment."
Keandre grabbed Zaria's hand and jumped up, pulling her with him. "Listen to me, Zaira." he said in a low voice. "You guys are gonna get out of here somehow. I'm just going to stay here and let them take me."
"No!" Zaira objected. "They will kill you."
"I think I almost have it opened, your highness!" the voice hissed.
"Better me than you." he looked her in the eye.
"You guys coming?" Adriel stood by a now opened door in the floor.
"Come on." Zaira pulled Keandre to the door.
He swallowed and climbed down the ladder. When they were all down Adriel closed the door. They were underground! it was a whole other lab.
"What is this?" Keandre looked at the strange machines.
"This is where I do my more..important experiments." she explained.
"This is amazing!" Zigana gasped.
"Yeah!" Rat squeaked.
"What if they figure out how to get down here as well?" Zaira asked.
"They can't." Adriel waved the small computer she had snatched from her desk before. "I have the only way to open it right here."
"It also has all of Keandre's information I need. So I can start working on his arm right away."
Keandre wandered away from everyone else. They didn't notice because they were too busy exploring the lab. He sat down on the floor and sighed.
"You are worried about the Princess, are you not?" he looked up to see Zigana gazing down at him.
He nodded his head slowly.
"Keandre, your future does not look too good.." she said quietly.
"Thanks, Zigana. I needed to know that." Keandre said, angrily.
"You must stay strong. Your strength will be your reward in the end."
"What do you mean?" Keandre glanced at Zaira.
"You love her." Zigana smiled.
"I could never deserve someone like her." he replied.
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:51 pm

I love it! I can't wait for the next one! This is so addicting!

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:25 pm

albino I'll write more soon, don't worry Ellen dear. =]
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie101 Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 pm

hurry bekah! I wanna know what happens! its so exciting!
Jamie101
Jamie101

Back to top Go down

Post  helovesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:28 am

yeah!
helovesus
helovesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:39 am

It gets pretty depressing soon. -sniffle- Oh wait..why'd I give it away? Razz
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:31 am

lol, thanks a lot! j/k

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  helovesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!
helovesus
helovesus

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I know, me neither!

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Chapter five

Keandre opened his eyes. Zaira and Zigana were asleep on the other side of the room, and Rat was eating some buttered bread at Adriel's desk.
"And this goes there, this should..be her and I'll just slip this in the wrist.." Adriel was mumbling to herself as she worked at a long table.
"Shes fast." Rat said to Keandre.
He nodded and looked at the ceiling. "I wonder if they're still up there.." he wondered out loud.
"They have gone."
Keandre looked back and Zigana who had just woken up. "How do you know for sure?"
"Shes a Decaz..don't you know what that is?" Rat asked.
"A blue lady?" he asked with a snort.
"The Decaz are known for their power to read minds and interpret dreams." Zigana explained.
"Keandre, come here please. I need you to try this on." Adriel carefully lifted the unfinished contraption from her table.
Keandre walked over and stared at it. "How does it stay on?" he asked.
"Like this." Adriel grinned and held the robotic arm to his limbless shoulder. It made a humming noise and she stuck it there. "Try and grab my arm." she ordered.
Keandre moved his robotic fingers for a moment then reached for her arm. "It works!" he said, excitedly. "But how is it staying on like this?"
"It is attracted to your blood...sort of like a magnet."
"..How..?"
"I'm a genious, remeber?" she laughed. "Just kidding."
"What time is it?" Zaira called from where she had been sleeping.
"Time for us to get out of here!" Keandre said.
"But.. I still have to make this look like a real arm." Adriel frowned.
"How long will that take?" he sighed.
"What if you just leave it like this? I mean..the only reason I need it is cause I have trouble fighting with one arm. Who cares what it looks like?"
"Fighting?" Adriel tilted her head.
"Yeah. Fighting." Zaira said, and joined them at the table.
Adriel pressed a button on the arm and it came off. "I have an idea or two. I should be done with this by tonight."
"What do we do in the meantime?" Zigana asked.
"Wait." Adriel replied.
And so that was exactly what they did. Keandre watched Adriel work until he could hardly keep his eyes open.
"Keandre! wake up!" Zaira shook him rapidly.
"Wh..whats wrong?" he asked, rubbing his tired eyes.
"I'm afraid Zane has outsmarted us." she replied. As she spoke dirt from the wall fell to the floor. "We're underground..And they are digging!" she grabbed his hand and pulled him up.
Adriel looked as if she might cry. "They will certainly ruin my lab.. But come on, we have to get out of here." She picked up Keandre's arm replacement, which now had a lot more buttons and quite a few glowing wires.
"Follow me." She opened a door and they ran through. It was a cave of some sort. As they ran the ceiling began falling behind them.
"What is happening?" Zaira shouted through the noise of hard earth falling on the ground.
"Like you said, your brother has outsmarted us!" Adriel shouted back.
They continued running, the cave seemed to have no end.
Zaira tripped on a rock and fell. Her cape cought on a root sticking out of the ground. She tried frantically to pull away from it but she couldn't.
Just before a large piece of dirt fell on her she felt a hand grab her and pull her up. Her cape ripped off her neck, but she didn't care.
"Be more careful, Princess!" Keandre shouted, still holding her arm.
They ran as fast as they could. Finally they came to an opening and got out.
"We don't have much time. You all have to get away." Adriel said breathlessly. "But let me explain how to use your Driel."
"Driel?" Zaira asked.
"Thats what I decided to call these arm replacements." she said impatiently. "Anyways, when you said you needed another arm to fight better it gave me an idea." She put it on Keandre's arm and pressed a button. A green beam shot out, hitting a tree and burning some of the bark.
"This is my weapon now?" he admired it.
"Right." she replied. "You have to leave now."
"We're probably all wanted now.." Zigana pointed out. "Its not safe for you to go home."
"Shes right." Rat nodded.
Adriel sighed. "I suppose I'm stuck with you guys.."
"Come on! They can't be far!" a voice shouted from behind.
"Lets go, Now!" Keandre hissed. They ran off the trail in hopes Zane and his men wouldn't find them.
"They are going to catch us." Zigana said as they ran through the trees. "One of us needs to run another way, and get them to chase us."
"I will." Zaira said, stopping.
"No." Keandre said quickly. "I mean.."
"I"ll do it, my life does not matter." Zigana offered.
"Yes it does!" Zaira snapped.
"Go!" Zigana ran back a different way.
"Theres no way they'll let her live!" Rat cried.
"We have to go now!" Keandre said firmly.
"No!" Rat objected.
"We have no choice!" Keandre picked him up and swung him over hs shoulder.

Last edited by Chem6A on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 pm

YAY! I was the first one to read it again!

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  helovesus Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 pm

LOVE IT!
helovesus
helovesus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:44 am

I actually edited chapter 5 and added some stuff so..check it out, kay? Very Happy
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  helovesus Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 am

i like the edit!
helovesus
helovesus

Back to top Go down

Post  dolphingirl13 Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 pm

i like this one better.

dolphingirl13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie101 Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:16 pm

me too ^_^
Jamie101
Jamie101

Back to top Go down

Post  Chem6A Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks. cat
Chem6A
Chem6A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next